Howlader & Co Blog

income tax offset

Loss relief: How to offset your trading losses and reduce your tax

3rd March 2014

Most businesses incur expenses and losses while they are getting off the ground. Losing money can be a bit of a reality check at times but if you know the tax regulations it’s not all bad news. Any losses you make can be used to offset other profits in order to reduce your corporation tax. The methods for doing this will depend more

Update week ended 27 October 2010

27th October 2010

PAYE hot potato You may be receiving the form P800. If the form shows that you have under £300 outstanding (per tax year) – the good news is that the tax is written off (see our 16 Sep blog). If under £2,000 (in total for both fiscal years) you will receive a P2 form detailing how much is collected through the payroll. Please more